Sunday, October 19, 2008

Zucchini Apple Pie

I know what you're thinking...because Dave thinks it whenever I try and sneak zucchini into my spaghetti sauce. But this REALLY tastes like apple pie. Try it and don't tell your hubby. I swear, they will never know. That's thanks to a little miracle I like to call sugar. :)

4 cups large zucchini
2 T lemon juice
Dash of salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Dash of nutmeg
3 T flour

Peel zucchini (be sure to remove all of the dark green color). Cut in quarters lengthwise and remove seeds. Slice crosswise. Cook until tender crisp and drain very well.Toss together zucchini, lemon juice, and salt.Mix in bowl sugar, cinnamon, cream of tartar, nutmeg, and flour.Add zucchini to above mixture and mix well (it willbe slightly runny). Place in 9" pie crust and dot with butter befoer adding top crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown.

0 comments: