Friday, August 22, 2008

Limey Smoothie

This recipe comes from my in-laws. For those of you who don't know, my father in law is a nutritional health doctor and cures people of their ailments.. which include all of the very serious variety. He has around a 90% success rate of curing people who are terminally ill with cancer, diabetes and so on. To learn more you can go to their website at pHmiracleliving.com.

Anyway, I have a hard time eating as healthy and granola as Andrew does (he's on a much looser version of his parents health regimen.) But when his mother Shelley made this for me I absolutely LOVED it! I had a hard time believing what was in it when she told me. So any who, give it a try.. it's the PERFECT ultra ultimate healthy cool summertime snack.


Ingredients
- 1 whole english cucumber
- 1 HUGE handful of spinach
- 1/2 an avocado (large or small)
- 3 peeled limes
- 1 TSP green stevia (or sugar, but stevia's the natural healthy alternative :])
- Plenty of ice

Blend and enjoy! Tell me what you think. You love it or hate it, but all I know is that it's the tastiest healthy snack I've ever had, and it's so simple to make! (PS don't let the photo fool you, it tastes better than it looks, you can tell your kids it's a monster slime smoothie. :])

2 comments:

Chris said...

so funny with the "monster Slime" --- The other day the kids were saw me puree-ing some spinach to put in a dessert i was making --- & they both freaked out & said what is thAt! --- So I told them it was Dinosaur juice & that I was making Dinosaur Bars! Haha --- Very cute - I think this actually looks like it might be good--- We'l have to try it and see....

Heather said...

Sometimes I have a hard time with "healthy" food, but I think I'd like this! I'll have to try it soon! Thanks!