Thursday, June 12, 2008

chinese cabbage rolls

This is a wrap I had at the Cheesecake factory. This is me trying to reinvent it.
Veggie mixture:
shredded carrots
shredded cabbage
thinly sliced zucchini
ginger and garlic

two chicken breasts seasoned with teriyake (SP?) and soy sauce, thinly cut
five to eight cabbage leaves or romaine leaves
Chinese rice noodles cooked

Saute veggies in olive oil and water and add ginger and garlic to season.

I just put the veggies, the chicken, the noodles and the cabbage leaves out on the table and let the family wrap up their own wraps. I layered noodles, veggies and then chicken and then wrapped it up. I had a couple sauces to dip it in. So yummy. My new favorite summer meal.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice lite twist on the traditional stodgey cabbage roll I know and love. Definitely one to try during the warmer seasons!

ChovyChap 2008