Sunday, January 20, 2008

Must be soup weather .. I'll add another one

Jills extra thick tortilla soup

2 chicken breasts (frozen okay)
6 cups water
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning
2 cups uncooked rice ( 1 cup for thinner soup)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 tsp garlic

toppings: cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips

Mix everything in a large pot. Bring to boil and then turn down to low and cover for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken and cube or shred then return to pan.

Serve with sour cream and cheese and eat with tortilla chips instead of a spoon.
Enjoy!

This soup I invented because my husband is a little picky - but all of family LOVES this soup I think because you eat it with chips (if you make it with 2 cups rice it is almost like eating dip ). I LOVE this recipe especially because it is so EASY - everything out of a can and cooks in less than 30 minutes! If you try it let me know what you think. ;)

3 comments:

Chris said...

oh yummy - I think we'll make it tonight - I love tortilla soup! Thanks jill - Glad your here!

Chris said...

Yum this is really tasty and super fast --- Definatley not soup though if you put 2 cups of rice you are right - but I liked it like that ... We threw Avacodo slices on top to just cause That's what Michelle put on her tortilla soup --- Super Yummy - Thanks Jill - Hope you had a great B- Day!

The Cristiano Family said...

I think I'm going to try that recipe this week. If you have any other 30 min or less ideas...post 'em. :) -- Easy ones are my favorite.