Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pork Tacos

My friend Jackie made these for us when we were visiting last year. Since then I have made them for family dinners, Bree's 2nd birthday, and New Years Eve. If you need to make food to feed a lot of people try this one. Everyone I have made it for loves it!

Pork Roast (Costco has a 2 pack for about $11 with very little fat on it. They also have huge ones for about $20 but you have to trim it up more and it would feed an army)
Coke or Pepsi (I have even used caffeine free)
Taco Seasoning
Brown Sugar
dash cumin

Put the pork in the crock pot. Cover with the soda. Cook until meat starts to shred. Add taco seasoning to taste (I had a lot), about 1 cup brown sugar and a dash of cumin. Let sit for a few minutes.

In the meantime prepare flour tortillas (we use the make at home kind from Costco--hooked on these too). Just warm the regular kind.

Shred meat. Servie in tortilla with guacamole, cheese and whatever else you like in tacos.

5 comments:

Chris said...

yummmmm - Thanks Kerstin -
Both of these Sound great
and Easy enough!

Anonymous said...

yuuummmmm! I want to make those too - how many would you say they serve???

Chris said...

Hey Kerst...
Can the meat be frozen
on either of these recipes?...

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

If you use 1 of the roasts from the Costco 2-pack I would say it would feed about 6 people.That's hard because I cook for only 3. We always eat the left overs!

As far as freezing the meat after it is cooked, I haven't done that yet. I would think it would be fine as long as it is a tight container and include lots of the sauce though so when you re-heat it doesn't dry out.

Chris said...

I meant putting it in the crock pot frozen - right out of the freezer to the crockpot to cook it --- But that is a good Idea about the leftovers - I didn't think of that...