Friday, March 7, 2008

Bread Machine Wheat Bread...



Well - I have always been sort of intimidated by our food storage -- And I have all this wheat that Carol has been so kind kind to give us - She often gives food storage or preparedness items to us for Christmas - She has given me all the tools to be able to do this - I even Have a wheat Grinder! - so what am I so afraid of - well I thought recently that maybe if I had a Breadmaker recipe to use my wheat in it wouldn't be so scary - so I search the internet for a recipe with whole wheat flour that I could do in the bread machine &  yesterday I buckled down & Tried it out --- And you know what - not so scary --- 
Brayden Actually did most of the work - Go Brayden...
I felt Really fancy at the store buying Vital Wheat Gluten & Flax seeds -
What the heck is that!

It really came out so perfect ---
Tastes just like the fancy bread I've been buying lately!
Even Better! Yay Me!
Can you tell that I am
quite Proud of Myself!


So Here it is ---

100% Whole Wheat Bread

For 1 1/2 lb. bread machine
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
3 cups 100% Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup sunflower sesame or flax seeds, or a combination
1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast

Put all of the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed.
Making sure to not let the Yeast touch the water yet
( I make a little hole in the flour and pour the yeast into that)

Program for basic white bread, and press Start.

And Walla! Almost no thinking invovled - My kind of baking!

Good Luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...I have the same kind of mother in law Chris. I have been trying to inspire myself to do just what you did. Now I have no excuses. Thanks a lot. I mean that as sarcastic as it sounds. jk

*katie said...

I'll have to definitely try this. Alan will think he has died and gone to heaven:)