Sunday, March 30, 2008

My menu

Okay those of you who know me know that I am crazy scheduler/planner. When I go grocery shopping I make a menu for at least 2 weeks and buy everything that I will need to complete those meals. Chris told me to post my menu so here is the last two weeks and then next week. It always turns out that the menu lasts longer than the two weeks because things always turn up like birthday parties and last minute date nights and stuff but anyway here it is.

Mon 17th (St Pattys Day) - corned beef and cabbage (not a normal thing in our household but we love it once a year)
Tues- Homemade Pizza and green salad (Winco sells balls of dough for 98cents, which totally takes a big step away, and then I just add what we like on it. I make my own sauce out of tomatoes, olive oil, basil and garlic.)
Wed - ***Random Date Night
Thurs - Cream Cheese Chicken (recipe from this blog) over pasta with brocolli on the side.
Fri - BBQ Bacon Hambergers with fries (we mix in BBQ sause while shapping our hamburger and also put sause on the bacon and BBQ it as well. - it is delicious and adds flavor that you will make you never go back the old way. - family secret)
Sat - ***Birthday party we were asked to bring a side so I brought jello dump salad
Sun - Easter Dinner - Ham, Cheesy Potatoes, Jello Salad, green salad, carrots, green beans, rolls and carrot cake.

Mon - Leftovers from Easter Dinner
Tues - Sloppy Joes ( I have a really random recipe that is delicous and you just put it on a bun, we ate it with corn and chips)
Wed - BBC bowtie pasta (this is a recipe I got from real simple - it is delicious and only takes 20 minutes from start to finish - it has bacon, brocolli, corn (sometimes chicken chunks) and bowtie pasta - it is yummy)
Thurs - Hot BBQ ham sandwhiches
Fri - *** Date Night
Sat - BBQ chicken with aug potatoes
Sun - Pork chops with rice and squash

Mon - Homemade Chicken Pot Pie (recipe from family fun you make the "gravy" add chicken and veggies put in cassorole dish and raw biscuits on top (I use a can of refridgerator biscuits) and then bake - it is really yummy)
Tues - Homemade pizza again (I bought two dough balls when I went to the store and so I need to use the rest of the pepperoni and bell pepper)
Wed - Tacos with mex rice and refried beans (rice - tomato sause, oil and garlic salt and the beans - can of pinto beans put the whole thing in a fry pan (don't drain) add pepper and salt and garlic to taste (I like mine peppery) and smash them up and the liquid cooks off and simmers away and the beans are delicious) I make extra for later.
Thurs - Lazagana (beef, cheese, sause and cottage cheese and noodles in layers) with salad and bread and a veggie.
Fri - Chicken Enchiladas (chicken, tortillas, cheese and green ench sause) with leftover rice and beans.
Sat - Chinese noodles and chicken with veggies (slice chicken breast really thin and marinate in soy sause, vinigar, garlic and b sugar and fry until done remove from pan, and take top ramen cooked until still a little firm, drained put on fry pan that you cooked chicken in with oil and soy sause - and fry until a little crispy) eat with steamed veggie.

Thats all folks!

2 comments:

Chris said...

So many great ideas - that I never think of! Thanks Jill!
& what the heck is Jello Dump Salad! Sounds interesting --- I always really like everyones weird Jello concoctions but have never really made any of them -- maybe that can be our next assignment - Favorite thing to do with Jello!?

Anonymous said...

sauCe!! Just sayin!!